I’d like to brag on our Duff & Phelps YOUniversity Deal Challenge team. The FMA Dream Team members include David Alderman, Jordan Carr, Jason McKinley, Daniel Robinson, Bailey Sullivan and Zach Spencer. I couldn’t be more proud of the work and dedication that this group put into the project – especially with this being our first year to compete. This team shines the klieg light on some critical success tenets:
· If you want to be the best, you have to supplement your classwork with additional experiences and education. Zach now has a cot in the Bloomberg room, but also dazzled STRH interviewers when he brought up his work on the Duff Case and integrated the valuation process into what he would be doing this summer.
· "I have too much going on to learn something new" is lame – Hey Jordan, thanks for adding this to your plate.
· "I’m only a sophomore and can’t really contribute"...equally lame – hats off to the BAE, who did this competition the same semester as FINC 3610.
· Often the experience and knowledge gained outweighs any accolades and affirmation. Alderman, Daniel and J. McKay all agreed to fully participate in this competition and help the team…even though they could not officially compete because of grad date.
Thank you all…well done
Excel Modeling Class. FINC 4970 Section 1, T/TH at 12:30 with WANG IS FULL. This class is designed to teach you the Excel skills that you will need, including discounted cash flow modeling. Dr. Wang is expecting you to come with a base line of Excel knowledge. He has gone through the Wall Street Prep coursework and will be incorporating that material into the class. I HIGHLY recommend that you put as much time as possible into prepping for this course. If you need to buy WSP, you can do so on the FMA website by purchasing an additional membership – the cost of FMA membership is the same as the WSP subscription. You will need to let me know once you’ve paid so that I can activate your account.
Bowling – Thanks again Peyton! We had a great time.
STRH Corporate visit is Friday 11/18. If you have any thoughts on applying to STRH for full time positions next year or for internships, you should not miss this tour. The student caravan will be leaving from Sams parking lot at 7am CST. Top execs from different areas of the bank will be in attendance. Any questions? Reach out to Madison Langman. Those who attend can leave for Thanksgiving break from ATL or ride share back to AU.
Another great (free) resource is the morning brew: http://morningbrewdaily.com/?kid=BFTNH
· 11/18/16 – STRH Corporate Headquarters Visit; Atlanta
· 12/2/16 – FMA CHRISTMAS PARTY – Darby working on details
· 1/10/17 – Training the Street Bootcamp – AU Tiger Lab