After two cancelled flights and a total travel time of 18 hours, FMA exec somehow made it to New York City last week! They enjoyed meeting with executives at the NYSE, Goldman Sachs, MUFG, and JP Morgan. Attitude is everything!
March 18, 2018
Welcome back everyone! Good luck on your exams this week…I know there will be plenty. Because of this, we have cancelled the originally scheduled meeting for this Tuesday. We have an exciting event lined up for March 29: Betsy Bagley from Catalyst NYC will be joining us for an Inclusion Forum. All members are expected to be at the Inclusion Forum, which will start at 5pm. There will also be a Women’s Power Hour following the Forum. This event will be for all FMA women.
REMINDER: Don’t forget to fill out the inclusion survey that will be used for the Catalyst Inclusion Forum on 3/29. Your participation in the survey is mandatory!
Upcoming Events/Deadlines (please mark your calendars):
- 3/29/2018: FMA Forum on Inclusion with Betsy Bagley, Catalyst NYC 5:00 PM 125 Lowder All Members, Women Power Hour following, 5th Floor FMA Women
- 4/3/2018: Vulcan Value Partners 5:00 PM 129 Lowder All Members
- 4/6/2018: FMA travels to ATL for Delta corporate visit Sign up with Kravec
- 4/6/2018: FMA focus group meeting with Alan Bannister Small group
- 4/18/2018: FMA Advisory Board Meeting
- 4/19/2018: GRAD PARTY!!!!! Tracy’s House
- 4/26/2018: Senior Dinner – The Hound
- Jenny Herrell was selected to attend the Perella Weinberg Diversity Summit in NYC. Awesome job, Jenny!
- Brittany Clark will be going to the Lazard Sophomore Women’s Event in NYC next month. Congrats Brittany!
Abby Gipson just accepted a summer internship with Ashford Advisors. Way to go, Abby!
Mark Bergmeister, a Houstonian who transferred from Texas A&M, is majoring in Mechanical Engineering and minoring in Finance. After becoming fascinated by the markets as a kid, Mark saw finance as the ideal career path for him and decided to join FMA to become a part of an ambitious group of people with similar interests. He leaves the advice to “be radically open minded” to the younger members of FMA. Following graduation, Mark will be working with Duff & Phelps as a Valuation Analyst in Atlanta. Good luck Mark, we can’t wait to see all you do!
Contributing author – Kate Bagley
Dustin Watts, from Spanish Fort, AL, decided to attend Auburn after being drawn to both the academics and culture of the school. Though he started out interested in accounting, he made the right choice by switching to finance after taking some introductory finance courses. He joined FMA after developing an appreciation for Tracy and exec members’ drive and dedication to helping students. After a previous internship with them, Dustin accepted an offer for an 18-month program with BASF in Raleigh, NC after graduation. Also, two dollars to anyone that can convince Dustin that polar bears are not just bleached grizzly bears. We will miss you, Dustin!
Contributing author – Kate Bagley
- Arlington Wealth – BHAM
- Ashford Advisors
- BAML – Houston
- BBVA – BHAM
- Delta Airlines – ATL
- Emily Kravec – Intern
- Matt Hultstrand – Intern
- Duff & Phelps – ATL
- ExxonMobil – Houston
- Kate Bagley
- Eddie Neyman (intern)
- Fenwick Brands – BHAM
- Founders – BHAM
- Girls Who Invest
- JP Morgan
- Timothy Strader – LA, CA
- Katie Gründer – Boston, MA
- Tyler Fraebel – Dallas
- Moelis & Co. – NYC
- MUFG Securities – NYC
- New Capital – Birmingham
- Piper Jaffray – Charlotte
- David Bucko – Charlotte
- John Tapp – ATL
- William Cole – ATL
- Joseph McCormick – Intern
- AJ Stanley – Intern
- Annie Gigliotti – DPO, Orlando
- Brady Johnson – FDP, Intern
- Southwest Airlines – Dallas
- STRH – ATL
- Madison Langman
- Haley McDonnell – Intern
- Ty Lamar – Intern
- Stephens Investment Bank
- Unum Group – ATL
- Valence Group – NYC
- Jimmy Brewster – intern summer
- Victoria’s Secret – Columbus, OH
- Wells Fargo Securities –
- Bailey Sullivan -intern NYC
- Ari Alexander – intern NYC
- Zach Spencer – Charlotte
- Yenni Capital – NYC
- Jimmy Brewster – intern spring